Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Youtube music videos

Tommy James & The Shondells had many hits during the 60s, in my opinion this is one of their best! Also covered by Billy Idol in the 80s, which I posted a few weeks ago.

Sadly, trying to find a reasonably good audio quality version on YouTube is proving difficult because every Tom, Dick or Harry thinks he can improve over the original audio quality - I find this questionable. The Album version of the song is perfect, the YT versions not so - but you get the idea.

Let 'er rip!

-F_D

This song was one of my very first favourites when I was just knee-high to a grasshopper! The audio has once again been "enhanced" but it is still very listenable.

-F_D

Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien OBE (16 April 1939 – 2 March 1999), better known by her stage name Dusty Springfield, was an English singer and was another love of my life, she had remarkable talent. RIP Dusty, thank you for your musical contributions.

-F_D

This is a live version of a song that should still be played in the next century. The radio edit version was better but this one tells an interesting story.

-F_D
:ROFLMAO: I looked up the lyrics just now, they remind me of how a Thai person would describe the situation using their basic understanding of English

Leonard Cohen’s “Chelsea Hotel” performed by Tal Wilkenfield

The back story - The following video can be spun so many ways, easier to opine : to just watch it. In awe how Tal is maturing.

Feeling fluish, I came home and fell asleep on my bed, with Amber Radio playing softly in the background.

And then they played this song, the subtle tones of Helen Reddy drifting over the air waves and I immediately woke up, listened to this beautiful song, then went for a swim, fed the 4 dogs and 20 fish and made a cuppa coffee. Music for the Soul! RIP Helen, you are singing amongst the Angels now.

-F_D

Back