Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

New Wiim Ultra maybe on the way

I might just be tempted to buy one and add it to the existing cluttered menagerie, it looks a very interesting piece of gear.

Waiting for local pricing.

-F_D

From the Wiim Forum, Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713596492390.png

1713596515260.png

The Ultra will feature an aluminium case & USB output as well. I am eagerly looking forward to this product.

-F_D

I love that they’ve added a screen, however I see this fitting much more as the “integrated with streamer and screen attached” category as I see it doesn’t look to have coaxial out.
For those of us looking for a good streamer with a screen (that already have amp) to go into either DAC or amp I was hoping this could do the trick but feel it may be a bit too much

They appear to have included coax out - nice. they should make bit rate data much much bigger like the Topping D10 used to do.

Back