Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Fdlsys -Sad News

AlleyCat

Sadly, our dear friend has passed on.

A fine gentleman, a pleasure to have known him, will be sorely missed and dearly remembered. RIP Mihajlo “Mike”

Attachments

• 863DCC66-E3D2-4441-BBB0-C64A8AD35488.png
    863DCC66-E3D2-4441-BBB0-C64A8AD35488.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 52
This is shocking news, Mike will well be remembered for the helpful and knowledgeable person that he was. A sad loss to the AV community indeed. May his Soul rest in peace.

-F_D
Not being home I found out from FranZAR only now about Mike’s passing. A True Friend, a very wise man, a passionate craftsman. A guy who hugged me when we first met face to face. All these things compound together into the man who Mike was, irreplaceable!

Shall have a couple of dark beers on you Mike.

Very few have I formed friendships with on the forum , Mike was one of those few.

Rest easy Mike. This is truly sad news!

Last edited:
Terrible news, he was a master of hifi. I will be spinning a good few records on Diana the G301 he built and sold to me. An amazing piece of engineering including the carbon Fibre tone arm. RIP Mike

Never had the honour of meeting the legend that was Mike in person, but all my forum interactions with him attest to the great, friendly and helpful man he was. I'll remember him each time I look at my amps sporting the isolation feet he sold me. RIP Mike. 😢

Always sad to hear of the passing of people we interact with online. I never met him but I think I did sell some media to him many years ago. Condolences to his friends and family.

Very very sad.

We may have had our differences (though only about Musical Fidelity amps :) at the old place) and I never got to meet Mike in person, but I got to help him and he helped me, via the forum. So I knew him at least "over the ether" as a very decent person, very knowledgeable and willing to share. He will certainly be missed.

Reactions: HB.
Ag nee man. What terrible news. He was first and foremost a friend, then helpful with every question I could dream up. More than his passion for hifi, I will remember him for his passion for music and his extreme knowledge of it. RIP Mike.

Awww come on, tell me this is a belated April Fool joke, we chatted only a few weeks ago!

Mike fixed my Blue Angel Audio Nude Mantis about a year ago and I told him it was still singing as beautifully as ever.

Love you, brother Mike.

I hope the music is even sweeter where you are :cry:

Say cheers to my buddy Skollie and wish him tight lines (we used to chat more about fishing than hifi and vinyl)

Back