Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Pioneer's most sought after

mygoggie

Administrator
I found this list on AudioKarma and thought it would be quite interesting.

The most sought after Pioneer units include the following.

With receivers:
SX-1980
SX-1250
SX-1010
SX-1280

Everything in the Series 20 line:
C-21 Preamplifier
M-22 Amplifier
D-23 Crossover
U-24 Program Selector
M-25 Amplifier
F-26 Tuner
A-27 Integrated Amp
F-28 Tuner

Everything in the SPEC series (the models in this would be "SPEC-x", where "x" is replaced with a number):

Pre-amplifiers:
SPEC-1
SPEC-3

Power Amps:
SPEC-2
SPEC-4

Integrated amplifiers:
SA-9900

It was always a dream of mine to find one of these - but they search has never borne fruit. These are what started me on the collection of Vintage Gear:

SX-1980
SX-1250
SX-1010
SX-1280

So please, if you are disposing of one of these I promise it will retain pride of place in my humble home! :)

-F_D

tad by jdza, on Flickr

This is the Pioneer system that curls my toes:
It is all by Pioneer Exclusive, the finest they can make and only available in Japan. The President of the company was Y Sugano's son. Yes the Sugano of Koetsu.
So we have the turntable: Direct drive and suspended with an oil-damped arm and specs that make an SP 10 look like a child. Reportedly, it was one of the best tables ever—an Ideal match for Koetsus.
There is this C3a preamp. With it goes the M5 power amps. 300W class A monoblocks
And the speakers, oh the speakers. Cross-pollinated from another Pioneer enfant majeste, TAD. The TAD 2401
What could one want more? Even today,30 years later.
What is worse, a friend swears there used to be one in East London and currently resides in Hamburg..... No not the swanky German city, the fishing village 100 klicks southwest from here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my word. That is spectacular.

I'm considering hiring a PI to go to Hamburg and hunt down that system before it is inherited by the wrong hands.:ROFLMAO:

I am applying for my PI licence to ensure that does not happen.

So much mouth-drooling equipment in that picture - I would definitely build a new Audio Room simply to accommodate it!

-F_D

Back