Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Now playing..

Figured I'd go back to my roots tonight, well, later expressions of my roots. As a combination of indie lover and hip-hop lover (the indie kid at the BDP gig etc.) The Streets pretty much nailed the real English music at the time (with respect to Asian Dub Foundation and Black Grape before them as well as the Jungle scene)

The Streets - Original Pirate Material

It will be followed by his concept album 'A Grand Don't Come For Free'

Read up, this guy (Mike Skinner) did, he is a self taught scholar of songwriting and song cycles!

Unfortunately, most of my REM on vinyl was worth too much for my student self, so I sold it and bought the CDs (most are remastered and sound great so few regrets):

R.E.M. - Document

If ever there was an album for these times, this comes close. With the likes of 'Exhuming McCarthy', 'Strange', 'King of Birds', 'Disturbance at the Heron House', without even touching upon '(It's The) End of the World As We Know It'. Actually, every song is relevant now! Very sadly. Still great, and so is the next.

London Grammar – If You Wait.
Metal & Dust – MADART1LTD, Ministry Of Sound – MADART1LTD.
2 x CD, Album, Deluxe Edition, Limited Edition, Cardboard Slipcase.
UK, 9 September 2013.

1719766887173.png

Back