Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

A short chat with ChatGPT 4o - I think we are safe for a while yet.

You do realise that every time you engage with this monster you strengthen it, right? Even if it gets it wrong, it learns and it only learns when you engage with it.

Did anyone notice the sudden appearance of these lengthy and mostly informative Facebook posts? Any topic on earth from Science to Movies to World War Two to pop culture of the 80's. Posts that include images and then a long and detailed writeup to support the topic in the images. I suspect this is a new kind of klickbait and all generated by AI copywriters.

Did anyone notice the sudden appearance of these lengthy and mostly informative Facebook posts? Any topic on earth from Science to Movies to World War Two to pop culture of the 80's. Posts that include images and then a long and detailed writeup to support the topic in the images. I suspect this is a new kind of klickbait and all generated by AI copywriters.
I haven't noticed that personally. Probably because I only follow a few people who seem to only post cat videos and the occasional link to a YouTube video.

One of the things I am noticing is that I am being approached more often than usual by organisations wanting to pay me to publish guest posts on my photography forum. They are very coy about the origin of the content when I engage with them. What is probably happening there is that they are getting these ai bots to generate articles that they then load with affiliate links and try to get these published in as many places as they can.

Back